The physical application of touch used to manipulate soft body tissues on a person to create a healing effect.
Swedish massage is the most widely practiced form of relaxation massage and it is comprised of five basic strokes, effleurage, petrissage, friction, vibration and percussion. Benefits of a relaxation massage may include:
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved elimination of waste and toxins
- Increased joint mobility and body movement
- Stress reduction and the promotion of relaxation
- Shortened injury recovery time
- Stimulating the nervous system, increasing alertness
- Promoting good body posture
- Improved skin condition
- Decreased muscle and joint pain
- Enhancing and maintaining optimum health
If you are feeling depressed, stressed or overwhelmed, or have trouble sleeping, then a relaxation massage maybe just what you need.
For a full body massage allow around one hour
For a back neck and shoulder massage allow around 35 minutes